Saturday, May 21, 2011

The End of the World

Well today May 21st 2011 is suppose to be the last day on Earth as we know it, at least that is what someone is predicting. His prediction is suppose to be based upon Biblical calculations. I am not sure how he explains what Jesus said about no one knowing the day or the hour. But my point today is not whether or not he is right but rather how people respond to the fact that one day our Lord will indeed return. Now I personally do not claim to know when that day is, I just know that it will happen. I don't know if the rash of weather related events points to the end or not but I do know there will be an end.

Now if you are in Christ Jesus and you have trusted your soul to Him then it will be a glorious day inded. And the words of the Apostle ring throughout history "comfort one another with these words." If you are without Christ you should indeed be concerned for if you are "left behind" it will not be a place you desire to be. The people that cause me the most reflection are the ones who are storing up supplies for the end. Trust me there is not enough bottled water available. Think about it if you are storing up then you expect to be left and if you are, well supplies won't help. If you don't expect to be left then you don't need supplies, if you are not sure then take care of that now.

This line of logic adds meaning to what Jesus told his disciples about not taking anything with them when they went out to serve Him. If ever the saying you can't take it with you when you go had meaning it is today. So as I said to my Mom when I hung the phone up this morning, if we are still here I will call you tomorrow, if not see you on the other side! But now that I think about it that is always true is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment