Sunday, April 3, 2011

Faithful Jesus

Have you ever been betrayed by a friend that you thought you could depend on regardless of circumstance; abandoned by someone that had always been faithful? There is perhaps no greater pain than this, the pain of being forsaken by a friend, betrayed by a companion. Many of us can relate to this scenario. Maybe it was a spouse who betrayed us, or a friend who deceived us. Jesus also knew this pain. One disciple betrayed him and another disciple denied that he even knew him. While he died on a cross they ran for cover; while he forgave their sin they pretended that they had never known his love. And yet when the smoke cleared his love remained. Recently someone told me that there was nothing I could do to make God love me anymore and there was nothing I could do to make God love me any less. His love for me went beyond my ability to always be faithful to Him. This indeed is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment