Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Old Ain't For Sissies!

Here lately I have been thinking that the amount of time I spend trying to keep the old body going is increasing by the day. Exercise to keep the heart ticking, pill to keep the collestrol low, pill to keep blood from forming clots, beta blocker to block beta I guess...well you get my jest. I look in the mirror sometimes and ask who is that masked man I used to be handsome, well maybe not but I looked better than this! At least I had hair and it had color, I was never tall dark and handsome but I have always been dark due to my Italian roots. It is when the outer man begins to fade that I remember the scripture I memorized in Sunday School that the inner man is being renewed day by day.

Recently I was watching one of those morning news shows when an eleven year old boy who had died and was brought back after more minutes than is suppose to be possible described heaven. He said everyone was young, and healthy and wise and content. There was no disease or sadness, murders or pain. He didn't say so but I would imagine no pills or that matter pill counters to help you remember if you took the pill. I used to think I would like to live to be a hundred or more but now I am grateful that when I have been there ten thousand years bright shinning as the sun, I will have no less days to sing God's praise than when I first began!

1 comment:

  1. I like getting older. I can say whatever I want and less people will dispute me. It's also a badge of honor of sorts as I know more and more that didn't make it as far as I have. Also, it gets clearer and clearer where I will be going. It's like the long awaited trip that used to seem so far off but the time is getting nearer. All I can say is; suck it up Pastor and keep on trucking. You have a few more years to go to catch me and I'm just getting started.

    ReplyDelete